Household Insurance


Keys to new home


Your home is your most valuable asset, and though we don’t often like to think about it, we never know when a sudden calamity might happen. Would you be able to pay for the repairs if your property suffered damage in a storm? And where would you live if your house was uninhabitable after a fire or flood?

This is where home insurance comes in.

There are two aspects to house insurance: buildings and contents cover. Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home, so the roof, walls and windows. It also includes the permanent fixtures, such as the fitted kitchen and the bathroom suite. It protects you from a range of unforeseen perils such as fire, storm, flood, subsidence, burst pipes, theft and falling trees.

Your home also contains some of your most valuable possessions. Could you afford to replace your flat screen TV or your jewellery collection if you were the target of burglars? Contents insurance protects all of your belongings within the home, including furniture, electronics, valuables and even carpets. It can also be extended to cover your personal belongings outside the home, including phones, jewellery, cameras and pedal cycles.

Home insurance can also be upgraded to include Accidental damage, or extras such as legal expenses cover, which offers financial assistance should you need the services of a solicitor (for example in a dispute with a contractor, neighbour or employer).

Black Rock Insurance have access to a suite of reputable home insurance companies, offering either separate or combined buildings & contents policies, and tailored to your specific needs. Contact us for a free, no obligation quotation.


Landlord insurance can be valuable protection for property owners who rent out to tenants. It provides cover for both the building itself and any furnishings you’ve provided, as well as your rental income and liability – while you can add further cover for lost rent, periods of no occupancy, and accidental damage.

Standard home insurance policies don’t offer the necessary protection landlords need should something go wrong in their property – whether accidental or deliberate. A standard home insurance policy may even be invalidated if you let your property out to tenants and you find yourself having to make a claim.

Additionally, if you’re taking out a buy-to-let mortgage your lender might require you to have landlord insurance in order to qualify for the loan.

Speak to our team who can offer quotations from a range of Landlord insurance providers.


If you’re fortunate enough to own a second home, whether for your own use, or used as a holiday let, holiday home insurance can keep your property protected – even when you’re not there.

Whether you let you second home to holidaymakers, or use it as a family retreat, this type of insurance usually covers all the same things as standard home insurance, but takes into account that the property may be unoccupied for part of the year.

Black Rock have access to a range of specialised holiday home insurers, and can talk you through the various clauses and policy conditions applicable to this type of insurance. Contact us to see how we can help you.


While Standard home insurance is usually more than sufficient for most people, some have particularly valuable assets that require a little extra attention when it comes to insurance. If your home is valued above £750,000 for example, or if your belongings include high value jewellery, gold and silver, antique furniture, paintings and collections; you may benefit from a High net worth policy.

Black Rock Insurance have access to a range of high end and bespoke insurance products that offer extra protection in comparison to what would normally be covered by standard insurance. This can include higher limits of cover, wider perils, and worldwide protection for all of your belongings. Speak to our team who can advise on an insurance policy crafted to meet to your specific needs.


Your local independant Insurance Broker